Welcome to my little slice of the internet. If you've found your way here through my Youtube videos thank you for taking the time to come on over. I hope you 'll see something you like and will stop by again. If you've just happened upon my blog the same welcome to you but why not scooch on over to youtube to my channel and have a look at my videos.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Back with a project.....

I know I've  been lax and haven't posted for a few days but I'm back with some projects I've been working on. I bought a load of things to alter and this last week I decided to alter one of the boxes I bought from cuddlybuddly.com  with my steampunk debutante paper. 

Here is a list of the supplies I used:
1 plain box
Steampunk Debutante paper
Tim Holtz gears
Tim Holtz watch faces
Tim Holtz box feet
Tim Holtz ornate book plate
Vintage sheet music
Clock background stamp
Distress ink frayed burlap,
Versafine antique sepia (something like that it's at home on the shelf in my craft room so I can't check)
Glossy accents 
acrylic paint
MODPODGE
Mulberry flowers from thehobbyhouse.co.uk
Just the one sheet of the flying man paper. I glossy accented the fish and added a couple of rub ons from a 7 gypsies rub on pack.





First I painted the whole box using a teal paint I mixed up myself as I didn't have the colour I was looking for. I rubbed a little gold acrylic paint along the edges for a bit of shine and then once try covered the whole thing in modpodge to protect it a little. 

I took a couple of sheets of vintage sheet music and stamped all over it with a clock face stamp. After cutting to size I used distress ink in frayed burlap on the edges to age it a little.  The charm I used on the front I just put together using a couple of beads and an eye pin. I hung it using a lobster clasp to the lock on the front. It's a tight fit but it does close properly
This is the front of the box, I've decoupaged of sorts using cut outs from the ladies collage page. Using a Tim Holtz sprocket gear I framed one of the ladies in the stamp. You can't really tell but I flooded it with glossy accents and let it dry. It's rather pretty I think.

 
    I made some gears using black card and drawing round one of the Tim Holtz masks.  I used glue and gilding flakes to give it a bit of shine. The watch face was glued on using Silicone glue to lift it above the decoupaged blue roses and gears.

Another of the gears made by drawing round the Tim Holtz mask and then using gilding flakes.  This is a closer view of the Prima flowers I coloured with my Verdigris Mist.
Tim Holtz ornate plate backed with some of the rose paper from the steampunk collection. A tiny rose on a sprocket and some bling. I only have 2 pieces of bling on the box the gems in the book plate and the 2 flower centres on the side.
Just a look at the side showing the Tim Holtz box feet.

The plain back of the box. I could have added details to the back but I like it as it is.
I had intended to put flowers and feathers on the top but each time I put something there it just didn't look right. Usually my work tends to be packed with decoration but this one seemed to want to be quite simple. So rather than force it and not be happy I left it and I actually really like it. If you want to see more I have  video on youtube about this box. 
Have a happy time crafting Hanxxx

1 comment:

  1. Love this box. Off to your Youtube channel to find it. Karen x

    ReplyDelete