Welcome to my little slice of the internet. If you've found your way here through my Youtube videos thank you for taking the time to come on over. I hope you 'll see something you like and will stop by again. If you've just happened upon my blog the same welcome to you but why not scooch on over to youtube to my channel and have a look at my videos.

Monday, April 4, 2011

And then there was a Haul.. an experiment and a work in progress...

Hi All, I've just finished a marathon of video posting on Youtube.  5 haul videos and a video about some homemade glimmer mists. When I started watching videos on youtube I never thought I would actually post something I made myself yet I find myself excited to do so. I have 4 subscribers too! Ok you may be thinking only 4, but to me those 4 are precious people I know it's just a click of a button but it's a click of a button for me and that makes me feel all warm inside. I am ever grateful for that contact with other people. 

I think I am almost done with my shopaholic moment for now. I had to do a little more this morning though, totally justified I assure you. I saw a video by Arlene at mybutterflykisses12 (I love Arlene!)  where she showed off a recent haul containing the pink paislee Butterfly Garden papers and I fell in love. Ensue panicked searching for somewhere in the UK that had them. Have I mentioned how difficult it is to get the things I see in the videos over here? It can be like living in a black hole! I managed to find them in the uk from Craftobsessions.co.uk, I've ordered from them before and have mentioned them in my haul vids so far. I got 2 each of the papers and the wood shapes and the metal charms and the rub ons. I also gave in and got the bo bunny Gabrielle collection and I mean I GOT the collection. I got  buttons and brads and chipboard and stickers. I am so excited I've never managed to find complete collections before. Usually just maybe the paper and some stickers but they have it all and I bought it all. I wasn't planning on spending anymore money and I will probably have to not get something else this month but I really think I had to do it. What if I had waited and they sold it all???? It's gorgeous it could happen!I'll make a video when I get them.

I spent the weekend in pain, some muscle relaxants later and I can move my head again but this means I haven't been able to craft as much as I would like, I had to content myself with making some home made glimmer mists instead. (sitting hunched over the desk while I crafted just wasn't happening as much as I tried) I watched about a million videos and gathered the basic principal. Water, glue, pigment, shimmer. So I set about making them, I don't think the formula is terribly specific and I switched and changed them time and time again. more water more shimmer more paint- too thick- pour half away add more water. I'm happy with the colours I got. I don't have perfect pearls so I used metallic paints and some cake decorating lustre dusts I had in my cake decorating stash. I like them I think they worked well. I urge everyone who hasn't tried to have a go. You get the custom colours you want and they work out a lot cheaper. Don't get me wrong I will still get some glimmer mists sometime in the future if I see a special one. Also I want to try the Tim Holtz method using the distress reinkers I just have to get some of those first!

Last night I felt up to crafting and decided to start an altered canvas project. It's a work in progress but as soon as it is finished I will take a picture and show you all. I'm also working on making something I can do a tutorial on but at the min I don't think there is anything I can do that other people haven't already done tutorials on. But I'll get there and when I have something worthy of showing I will. Wish me luck and I hope you have a great day.

Love
Hanx

No comments:

Post a Comment