Welcome to my little slice of the internet. If you've found your way here through my Youtube videos thank you for taking the time to come on over. I hope you 'll see something you like and will stop by again. If you've just happened upon my blog the same welcome to you but why not scooch on over to youtube to my channel and have a look at my videos.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Seeing Signs Everywhere..

I think I might have gone sign crazy. I don't know what it is but I'm finding it satisfying making signs, big signs, small signs, banner signs the lot. They are quick to make just to relax after a long day at work and I come away feeling like I've accomplished something. Ok so it isn't world peace but hey everyone has to start somewhere.

I'll show you a couple I've made.



This is the sign that inspired the name of this blog and my Youtube name, I don't know where it came from but it was pretty insistent. This is a 6x6 chipboard piece, I mod podged a piece of vintage sheet music to it then took some torn book pages inked them up with frayed burlap then darkened the edges with Walnut stain. Again they were modpodged to the music sheet. 

I got these gorgeous vintage mulberry flowers at a craft fair, they are 2cm across and came in a pack of 20 for £2.99 from the lovely Jill at Thehobbyhouse.co.uk, I've just ordered another 12 packs Jill is amazing, and their customer service is brilliant. I just can't get enough of them and they are selling out quick this first batch probably wont make it to the website and they are handmade so there is a 3 month wait until the next shipment is due in. Jill saved me some and I just ordered them over the phone. I just can't say how stunning they really are. I'm in love with them hahaha, think I've used them on everything I've done since I got them.

I used some pearl buttons and some silver filigree butterflies. The flowers the butterflies and the pearls were all stuck down with my glue gun. The letters are brown foam letters. This now sits on a little easel just to the left of my work desk in all it's vintage yumminess.  


I'd definitely feeling the vintage at the moment, this is another I made to go on my work room door. Just incase anyone was in doubt I am indeed a happy crafter at work! This one is a 12x12 piece and it seems to have a 20's vibe to it. Maybe it's the peacock feathers I'm not sure. 

The lace was cream but I just sprayed it with cocoa glimmer mist to make it more vintage. The flowers are a mixture of the mulberry roses from Thehobbyhouse, Purple prima and a gorgeous lollypop flower I got from the wonderfully talented craftbrulee on ebay.co.uk. I think I bought most of what she had and I'm going to run out so I'm keeping my eye on her store to see if I can get more. Again with the prima bling, everyone knows you can't do without that. 

Right I think that is about that. I know I mentioned a haul and I'm getting there I'm just waiting for a few more things to come through then I'll do a massive haul video. Probably Saturday night as my Mum found a store near to our home that is FULL of crafting supplies so I might have even MORE to show. I'll give you a teaser though. 
Sorry about the glare but look at all that Tim Holtz goodness!




Have fun 
Han xx

No comments:

Post a Comment