Welcome to my little slice of the internet. If you've found your way here through my Youtube videos thank you for taking the time to come on over. I hope you 'll see something you like and will stop by again. If you've just happened upon my blog the same welcome to you but why not scooch on over to youtube to my channel and have a look at my videos.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

In the beginning there was an admission......

Hi my name is Hannah and I'm an addict...

I'm addicted to paper and to metal and canvas and card and glue and tape and paint and .... and... (please feel free to fill in the blanks yourselves) and all the endless possibilities they offer.  I see those things and they scream and shout "use us.. put us together and make us shine" and I can't help but hear them and try and do them justice

All the things we have to do on a daily basis, go to work, spend 2 hours in traffic, deal with angry people on the phone, coping with the stress of the work day, doing all the household chores, running around fixing things for other people. All of this is all made up for  by the thing we WANT to do. We want to craft. If fills us with calm, melting the stresses of the day away. Whether we have 30 minutes or 3 hours just tucked away in a craft room or just at the kitchen table, the world melts away and while we may get frustrated when something isn't working, don't panic, it will. Everything happens for a reason.

I was watching a film the other day, Julie and Julia about a woman searching for purpose and herself and discovered blogging as a means to it. As cliche as it sounds it struck a chord with me but whilst I love to cook I don't think I could blog about it like she does. Now crafting is something I've just started, something I can discover and write about all at the same time and maybe learn something along the way. You just never know.

So for now as a crafter I'm just hatched but I'll post the things I make and the hauls I get and my thoughts and finds and discoveries. My insight into my little craft world.  Hopefully I'll grow quickly and if there is ever anyone out there reading this then I'd like to invite you to join me on this journey..

No comments:

Post a Comment